Free Photo Archive of over 30,000 vintage photographs. Find people and the places were they lived. Search for your surnames. Find photos of your ancestors. Make connections with genealogy cousins. Add your family's photos.
Search Old Photos
Edmund Devitt born 4 Dec 1883 Crawfordsville,Montgomery,IN died 1957 Upper Darby,Delaware,PA buried Holy Sepulchre Cemetery Cheltenham,Montgomery,PA
US Army deployed to France
Edmund Devitt was a Corporal in the 2nd Engineers, 1st Battalion, Company C
Elizabeth Mignot Berthot, born 28 Feb 1819 in Cintrey, France and died 22 Jan 1907 in Frenchville, Clearfield Co., PA. She was the daughter of Hyacinthe and Frances Charbonnet Mignot.
She married Francois Berthot in St. Mary's of the Assumption Catholic Church, Frenchville, Clearfield Co., PA on 3 Aug 1840.
Photo from a tintype.
Submitted by Linda Hatswell, great great granddaughter
Photo probably taken at the Marvin Perry Johnson home on Route 97 just outside of Union City, Erie County, PA.
Frederica Bartholme, born Feb 11, 1872 in Alsace-Lorraine, France; died Dec 31, 1946 in Stem Memorial Hospital, Union City, Erie Co., PA. She was the daughter of John (Jean) Bartholme and Frederica Heywang.
She married Perry Henry Johnson Dec 5, 1901 in Union City, Erie Co., PA. He was born May 13, 1869 in Cattaragus Co., NY, and died Jan 17, 1941 in Union Township, Erie Co., PA. He was the son of John James Johnson and Louisa Barber.
Frederica's father, John (Jean) Bartholme, born July 10, 1834 in Barr Alsace, France; died Mar 16, 1911 in Union City, Erie Co., PA. He was the son of Andre Bartholme and Salome Kilian. He married Frederica Heywang Abt. 1857.
Frederica Heywang, born Sept 10, 1833 in Barr, Bas-Rhin, France; died July 11, 1913 in Union City, Erie Co., PA. She was the daughter of Jacob Heywang and Margaret Mummel.
Frederica Bartholme's siblings, children of John (Jean) Bartholme and Frederica Heywang were:
* John (Jean) Bartholme, born Dec 7, 1857 in Barr, Alsace, France; died May 1, 1947 in Union City, Erie Co., PA.
* Frederick J. Bartholme, born Nov 3, 1859 in Barr, Alsace, France; died 1918 in Union City, Erie Co., PA; married Rosina Smith Jan 28, 1883 in Union City, Erie Co., PA; born 1857; died 1926.
* Charles Bartholme, born Sept 29, 1861 in Barr, Bas-Rhin, France ; died Bef. 1947.
* Adolph Bartholme, born 1863 in Barr, Bas-Rhin, France; died Bef. 1947.
* Edward H Bartholme, born Oct 17, 1863 in Barr, Alsace, France; died Jan 8, 1947 in Union City, Erie Co., PA; married Jan 4, 1899.
* Jacob A. Bartholme, born 1865 in Union City, Erie Co., PA.
* Salome Carrie Bartholme, born Dec 22, 1878 in Union City, Erie Co., PA; died 1950; married Frank Johnson; born 1873; died 1950.
* John Jacob Bartholme, born abt. 1870 in France ; died bef. 1947.
* Caroline Bartholme, born abt. 1879 in PA; died bef. 1947.
Submitted by Rebecka Carullo, great granddaughter of Frederica Bartholme Johnson, granddaughter of Marvin Perry Johnson and daughter of Raymond Marvin Johnson Sr.
Descendants of Frederica Bartholme
Anna Marie Maillard with an unknown lady.
Mom says it is a lady from France probably related to the Maillards
born in Andover Massachusetts in 1897. He died in France During WWI on January 3, 1919. He was originally buried in France but his friends pulled together money and had him exhumed and brought to America and Buried him in Edson Cemetary in Lowell Massachusetts with his parents and siblings. His father was John Howard Baker Sr who was born in Nova Scotia and Died in Newburyport Massachusetts in 1942. His father was Addie Frances Prescott Baker who died in 1942 Newton, NH.
Born 29 June 1897 in Andover,Massachusetts
Died 3 Jan 1919 in France during WWI.
Son of John Howard Baker(1867, Aylesford, Nova Scotia-1942, Newburyport, MA)
Addie Frances Prescott(1860, Andover, MA to 1942 Newton, NH)
John Sr is son of Arthur Wellesley Baker(1835-1908) and Sarah E. Fielding Baker(1837-UNK).
Adiie is daughter of James Prescott(1806-1868) and Hannah L. Edwards (1818-UNK)