Reply to comment
Home of John Paul and Magdalena Hinkle in Middle Lancaster, Pa. from about 1865 until 1868. This house, originally a log home built in 1819 by Henry Ziegler, had by the 1860s been covered by wooden siding. In 1973, the Harmony Society dismantled the home, and using the original log structure, re-built the 1819 home in Harmony, Pa., which is today used as a museum.
Submitted by Richard G. Temple, Aliquippa, PA, great great grandson of John Paul and Magdalena Hinkle