Reply to comment
Father, Alfred Joseph Dumez I, seated, b. May 1853, Lyon, France.
Mother, Leona Tulemain, seated, b. April 1851, Marsaille, France.
They are both buried in Clearfield County, Heagerty Cross Roads Cemetery, Heagerty Cross Roads.
1. Emile, oldest son, standing in back, b. Apr 11, 1875, Lyon, France; d. Dec 4, 1942, Staunton, IL; married Leonie DeLaby in Hastings, PA; she was born Jan 15, 1881 in Lyon, France, d. Jan 10, 1943 in St. Louis, MO. They are both buried in Staunton Memorial Park Cemetery, Staunton, IL.
2. Virginia "Jenny", oldest daughter, standing left of her father, b. 1881, Lyon, France; d. in Smithmill (Janesvile), PA. Married Frank Soupart of Janesville, PA.
3. Alfred J. II, youngest son, standing next to father, b. Dec 22, 1884, Lyon, France; d. Dec 30, 1956 Phillipsburg Hospital. Married Etta Mae Kephart; b. Aug 30, 1888; d. Apr 28, 1974. Last residence was Fernwood, PA, Clearfield County, Gulich Twp. They are both buried in I.O.O.F Cemetery, Brisbin, PA.
4. Jeanne "Jane", youngest daughter, standing right of father, b. 1883 in Lyon, France; d. in Patton, PA. Married Thomas Lamont I.
5. Alfretta "Ida", daughter, standing next to mother, b. Nov 8, 1882 in Lyon, France; d. 1953 in Janesville, PA, Clearfield County, Gulich Twp. Married George Mayberry Cornelius I. They are both buried in Alleman's Cemetery, PA, Clearfield County.
Submitted by Carolann Baylin Smith, great granddaughter of Alfred J. Dumez I and granddaughter of Alfred J. Dumez II.