Reply to comment
Mt. Tabor United Evangelical Church, later called Evangelical United Brethren with the mergers in Dry Ridge, Redbank Twp., Armstrong County, PA. The photo shows the church as it originally was, with the old hitchin’ post for horses. The church was dedicated on 30 Oct 1898. How the village got its name … they spoke PA. Deutsch, and were misunderstood when they spoke of “Drei Ridges” …it meant “where the Three Ridges came together”… folks though they were saying “Dry” but were saying “Three”
The church no longer stands and was torn down by the late Rev. Clifford "Reed" Doverspike and his two sons who are both ministers in the late 1960s - early 1970s.
Submitted by Clarence R. Shirey. Permission granted for use on this site only. Reproduced in Lewis C. Shaffer, Caroline (Miller) Their Descendants of Dry Ridge (Mt. Tabor) Redbank Twp., Armstrong Co., PA.