Reply to comment
Fremont Ohio RP c1915 FIRE DEPARTMENT Fire Truck & Firemen
In 1910, the City purchased a Webb fire pumper, its first mechanized piece of equipment and only the second in the State of Ohio. The other engine belonged to the City of Cleveland. A 1928 American LaFrance pumper was purchased in 1929. This apparatus is still a part of the Fremont Fire Department and is housed at the Central Station. Price for this engine was $13,000. The truck was restored by the members of the Department in 1999. This pumper protected the citizens of the City of Fremont as well as Ballville, Sandusky, Rice, and Riley Townships. Runs outside the City limits were discontinued in 1965.
REAL PHOTO postcard view showing FIREMEN POSING ON A FIRE TRUCK postmarked from FREMONT OHIO circa 1915-- The text: THIS IS OUR FIRE DEPARTMENT AND AUTO written on the back.