Reply to comment
Amos and Catharine Smith were farmers who moved from upstate New York to West Greene, Erie, PA around 1851.
Amos C. Smith was born 15 Nov 1820 in New York and died 6 Oct 1887 in Erie, PA. His wife, Catherine was born 11 May 1821 in New York and died 10 Jun 1897 in Erie, PA. They buried in the Phillipsville Cemetery, Erie County, PA.
They were the parents of:
* Mary Ann Smith, born 10 May 1849 in Fort Edwards, Washington Co., NY.
* Amos Robert Smith, born Dec 1850 in Fort Edwards, Washington Co., NY, and died 14 Oct 1914 in Carlsbad, NM. He married Natalie Leontine Ruset.
* Isabel Smith, born 1852 in West Green, Erie Co., PA.
* Ida Smith, born 1854 in West Green, Erie Co., PA.
* Francis Smith, born 1857 in West Green, Erie Co., PA.
* Edward Edwin Smith, born 1861 in West Green, Erie Co., PA.
Photo taken about 1870 in Union City, PA.
Submitted by Michael W. Smith, great great grandson