Reply to comment
Jacob Kuebeler & Co. the last and largest of Sandusky's nineteenth century breweries began in 1867. Jacob Kuebeler, a native of Herrington, Hesse, Germany and born in 1838 came to the USA in 1860. Working for a brief time in Oberholtz brewery in Akron, he moved to Sandusky and worked several years in Anthony Ilg brewery. In 1867 he formed a partnership with his younger brother August and established the new brewery on Tiffin Avenue, in Sandusky, Ohio.