James Thomas Spencer & Sarah Jane Morgan
James Thomas Spencer b. May 12, 1830, Kenton, OH; d. Dec 16, 1898, Haskell, OK, son of unknown Spencer and unknown Hinton of Dayton, OH. Brother of: William Spencer, Lizzie Spencer (m. Smith Jones), Mary Spencer, Allen Spencer, Ellen Spencer (m. Dr. Ephriam Morgan).
James Thomas Spencer married Sarah Jane Morgan, Jan. 5, 1854, daughter of Luis Morgan & Sarah Wright Morgan.
They became the parents of:
* William Allen Spencer, b. Nov 24, 1854, d. Aug 12, 1855
* Charles Milton Spencer, b. Nov 1856, d. Apr 3, 1930, m. Lizzie Warren, in Covington, Kentucky
* Mary Luella Spencer, b. Dec 10, 1858 in Shelbyville, In; d. Oct 27, 1943 in Lake Charles, LA
* Ethan Allen Spencer, b. Mar 15, 1861, d. Aug 21, 1887
* Edward Morgan Spencer, b. Oct 22, 1863, d. Sept 1938
* James Thomas Spencer, Jr. b, Sept 13, 1867, d. Aug 23, 1947
The family migrated to Indiana; several of their children were born there beginning in the late 1850s. Then they moved on to the Oklahoma territory in 1874 where they settled in eastern OK. The family were also ultimately connected to the Ft. Smith and Van Buren, Arkansas area.
Photo taken abt 1850 by G. A. McDonald in Coshocton, Ohio. Possibly this is their wedding photo.
Submitted by Phyllis Tadlock, great great granddaughter of James Thomas Spencer and Sarah Jane Morgan and great granddaughter of Mary Luella Spencer