This 1898 photo is of the Cincinnati Hospital, built 1869, at the northeast corner of 12th Street and the Ohio Erie Canal (now Central Parkway). Prior to construction of this Hospital, The Cincinnati Commercial Hospital and Lunatic Asylum stood on this site. but it was condemned before the Civil War. Longview State Hospital opened in 1860 in Carthage, about 10 miles north of this photo.
To make this photo larger, click on the word "original" above.
GenDisasters | Old-Yearbooks.com | OldDeathRecords.org | Ancestral Heroes | OldBios.com | Old Photos & Genealogy Blog