Laura Braden Death Notice 1909
Death notice of Laura Braden who was killed at age 16 by a classmate 10 Dec 1909, while the family lived on Locust Avenue in Washington.
This Washington, PA, family includes Alfred Goodrich Braden, his wife, Eliza Mann Hall, and seven children, one of whom died quite young. Children:
1. Irene Howell Braden died of whooping cough at age six, in 1897.
2. Alfred Goodrich Braden (unmarried) died at Clemson College, a member of Douglas McArthur's Judge Advocate staff.
2. Ida Rebecca Braden married Alabama planter James Gatling Hill and moved to Mooresville, Limestone County, AL. She was my mother.
3. Laura Braden was killed at age 16 by a classmate 10 Dec 1909, while the family lived on Locust Avenue in Washington.
4. Anna Ruple Braden died 1989 unmarried in Mooresville, Alabama, living with her widowed sister.
5. Edith Braden died about 1953 in Mooresville, AL, living with her widowed sister.
6. John Mann Braden was Washington postmaster for many years before dying there in 1982.