Soldier Sailor Statues
Soldier Sailor Statues and, in the center, an Eagle that was erected by community members at different War Memorials. Dedicated by the Community in Memory of Armed Service Members of WWII and back. The statues were five feet in height and were made of iron rod reinforced concrete. Only five sets were produced. One set can be seen at the Bitner Memorial.
The originators were Charles Brierly and son, Harry, Reidmore Rd., South Connellsville.
Photo taken about 1946.