G. Krumpe and Early Downtown Butler
G. Krumpe is the man standing next to the G. Krumpe and Sons Dairy Wagon in this photo taken in at the intersection of New Castle and Main in downtown Butler, Butler Co., PA. Notice the high curb on the street.
The sign on the building to the right reads Union Brewery Co.
The Krumpe Family came to this country from Germany in the 1840's, Charles and Kate Bauer Krumpe. His son W.A. went into business with H.W. Love making bricks. Both of these men are in the biography section of the 1895 Butler Co. History.
Photo courtesy of Lois Kimmons