James and Julia Leete Stone
James Stone was born in 1833 in Harborcreek Township, Erie County, PA, the youngest child of Russell and Abigail Babcock Stone. He moved with his widowed mother and family to Summerhill Township, Crawford County, in 1837.
He married Julia Leete of Vienna, Trumbull Co., OH, where he conducted a select school for two years. In 1865 he entered the dry goods store of Stone & Gleason in Conneautville and in 1870 bought out his deceased brother's interest in the store. In 1873 he opened his own dry goods store.
After he retired, he lived in Meadville. He died in 1899.
When his widow Julia died in 1904, she left $5000 in trust to establish the Stone Library in Conneautville in honor of her husband. Both are buried in Conneautville Cemetery.