Emerson Elementary School, Mifflin Township, Allegheny County, PA 1939
Listed as a New School Building in 1939. "The Emerson Elementary School, which is a study n colonial architecture, contains eight regular classrooms, a library and art room, a principal's office, a book storage room, a health room, a teacher's room, recreation room, an auditorium, and a large lunch room. A modern public address system, indirect lighting, colonial design furniture, a thermostatically controlled univent heating system, a standard clock and bell system, a modern sound projector, and the stage equipment are some of the noteworthy features of this building. The cost was approximately $154,390.00, of which $67,925.00* was a P. W. A. [Public Works Administration] Grant. *Anticipated grant, final credit not made."
Photo and information from the School Report of Allegheny County, PA for the year ending July 1st, 1939