Fairfield Presbyterian Church, abt 1899
Submitter notes: Fairfield Presbyterian Church, taken about 1899 at the 100th anniversary of its founding. In the foreground is a replica of the original log church, which burned between 1810 and 1815. The church in this photograph was built around 1835 and was replaced by the current church around 1903. The cemetery to the left is, of course, still there, and John B. Hogue, one of the elders of the church, who was also a Justice of the Peace for Mercer County at one time is buried there, along with a couple of his children and his first and second wives.