McDonald House built by John McDonald abt 1760 located on land he obtained from the Shawnee who had a camp nearby. John McDonald's wife may have been Shawnee. The bricks used to construct the house were made by hand by John McDonald. The original spring still supplies water for the house.
The house is located on the road between Rillton and Guffey in Sewickley Twp, Westmoreland Co., PA and is still inhabited. It passed from the McDonald Family to their relatives the McGrews and eventually out of the family.
The first house built by John McDonald about 1754 was a single room log structure located further down the road to Guffey. Several additions were later made to this house and the entire structure was sided. It was destroyed by a tornado in the 1950s.